The Need to Normalize

 Why do human beings have a need to normalize everything? Does it just simplify things if there’s one norm? Who decides that? What is supposed to happen to those that are not considered normal? The first thing that I learned when I was getting my psychology degree is that “normal” doesn’t exist. So, what are we talking about? Is this why accessibility isn’t a priority? Are human beings in denial about how necessary it is? That makes sense unfortunately. It’s wild how much a person can ignore if it’s unpleasant. Never before have I really understood the phrase that “Ignorance is bliss.”

I’ve lived in or outside of Philadelphia since 2007 and let me tell you that the city that I was so familiar with changed overnight. I’m not even being dramatic. Once upon a time, I could travel my city freely but not anymore. There was this one time when there was an entrance to a sidewalk but not an exit. I’m trying to be as independent as I can be but it’s impossible when I can’t do something basic like exit a sidewalk. It’s not a problem for able bodied folks. They can just step down but I don’t have that option so it’s not dramatic, it’s my reality.

Look at Trump. He has dementia and for some reason his symptoms are just ignored. The moment he gave a press conference from the roof of The White House, it was confirmed for me that he had dementia bad. His father had dementia so bad that an “office” was built for him to go to every day. I don’t think I ever understood the need to normalize his behavior until I saw it in real time. I’ve stopped listening to him because he just doesn’t make sense. I’m always amazed by people listening to him because I just hear gibberish.

I’ll be the first to admit that it’s difficult for me to be empathetic to able bodied people. They can move around freely. They can talk without difficulty. They have balance. They can control the movement of their hands. I try to remember that just because I think it’s ridiculous and frivolous what someone able bodied is going through, the other person might be upset or devastated. The other person’s experience is the other person’s reality. My experience has shaped my perception of reality.


Comments

  1. Re "It’s wild how much a person can ignore if it’s unpleasant. Never before have I really understood the phrase that “Ignorance is bliss.”"

    Yes, the extend of denialism of ugly realities among modern "progressive" humans is mind-boggling.

    WHY is that though?

    It's because "advanced" humans are afflicted with, a pernicious malignant terminal disease --- "A Soullessness Spectrum Disorder" ... https://www.rolf-hefti.com/covid-19-coronavirus.html

    To get out of the big horrible mess we're in means...

    First, virtually everyone has to DEprogram themselves from the programing ("official education" or official brainwashing) they've received since they were a child. It starts with seeing that YOU HAVE BEEN PROGRAMED ALL ALONG.

    Second, constantly analyzing and debating current events is a waste of time. Because it's not enough to describe over and over the prison cell (and its guards) --- the ruling pack of psychopaths AND its many loyal minions --- but explain how we got into it and how to get out of it, potentially. Of course, the psychopathic ruling authorities WANT you and everyone to waste your energy and time doing this "clever" analyzing and "figuring out" (and 99% of all "alternative media" is doing this too!) as they had freely told everyone:

    “[Reality-based people ] believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality. That's not the way the world really works anymore. WE'RE AN EMPIRE NOW, AND WHEN WE ACT, WE CREATE OR OWN REALITY. And while you're studying that reality – judiciously, as you will – we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors . . . and you, ALL OF YOU, WILL BE LEFT TO JUST STUDY WHAT WE DO." --- Former Senior Adviser of the US Empire/Regime, in 2002 (https://archive.is/8wG4Y)

    Third, how we got into this deep mess is the clue on how we can get out of it (and create justice, freedom and peace for all) --- by learning what TRUE morality is ---99% of people don't know what it is because (1) it's NOT taught in the official indoctrination system, better know as the "education system," and (2) it's NOT the same as religious morality: https://odysee.com/@woeih:e/Mark-Passio-Government-Is-Slavery:a

    Fourth, commit yourself to ACT on the principles of real morality (see url at third point)...

    "The world is the way that it is because most people do not care enough (even if they SAY they want things to be different) to change it through their actions." --- Mark Passio, Spiritual Teacher

    "The problem we face is that few people really care beyond being fed and entertained. Few are educated and capable of thinking." --- Paul Craig Roberts, Ph.D., American economist & former US regime official, in 2026 [https://paulcraigroberts.org/the-lies-used-to-deceive-us]

    Fifth, spread and teach these principles far and wide..

    "Ignorance is the root cause of all Evil. Since only Knowledge eradicates ignorance, it is our duty and moral obligation to educate ourselves, as well as the masses around us." --- Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts